Thursday, December 17, 2009

I thought that she wanted me. But she was thinking something else

I miss you when you're gone.Please don't stay gone too long



The conditions outside my bedroom are awfully blustery right now, so I'm occupied with reading through (and listening, too) a list of the 25 saddest songs in the whole world. I'm up to Iron and Wine, coming in at a respectable #13. Also I love that Roy Orbison is described as "the master of pop-opera misery".

Can someone check on me later and see if I'm okay, or if I've been reduced to a blubbering mess in a crumbling heap floating in a river of salty tears on my bedroom floor

It's at www.spinner.com

UPDATE: I've become quite a fan of Sunday afternoons in pubs seeing sad-country bands, and oh dear, number 6 is killing me "He Stopped Loving Her Today" by George Jones.

No no wait. I've now worked my way through to #2 which is Billie Holiday and "Gloomy Sunday"...I've got it on repeat, please save me from myself

No comments: