Wednesday, December 30, 2009

they say there's a sun in the sky

"They say there's a sun in the sky
But me, I can't imagine why
There might have been one
Before you were gone
But now all I see is the night"

I found the cutest thing in the world, a blog called "69 Love Songs, Illustrated" - as you can probably imagine, it's quite the Magnetic Fields homage.

The little "about us" blurb tells me that they are a "loose collection of mostly London-based comic-artists, illustrators and writers, who have grown up listening to the Magnetic Fields and got together over a mutual love of the songs. One day, on Twitter, a couple of us decided that illustrating – or writing a comic – or a short story – inspired by all 69 songs was a worthwhile and exciting pursuit."

The illustration to "They Say There's a Sun In The Sky" is heartbreakingly adorable. I'm still to locate the one for "I Don't Want To Get Over You", but I can *almost* imagine.

69 Love Songs, Illustrated




PS. At the last minute in 2009, I just successfully made my first link to another website in a blog-post (disclaimer, well I THINK I did, ha, you may be witnessing otherwise). 2010 is going to be a good year, I just know it.

1 comment:

Esco said...

I found this blog after searching for 'Magnetic Fields' as I am a big fan. I like how they can have quite tragic lyrics but sing them in an upbeat fashion.

I just stumbled across another artist recently who specializes in sad songs. These are quite good but need better production in my opinion. So many good unsigned artists singing sad songs on myspace nowadays.